Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Catching up.

I have made a decision! And it's to keep blogging ;) I have been busy lately and I was seriously considering letting the blog go. But, I'm not ready for that. I've been keeping this blog for 8 years!! Sheesh. Blogging has become quite a business, but I decided it's ok to not be in it for that and just keep up with it as I have always done. Even though I'm busy, this is something that brings me job, same as sewing does, which I think is even more reason to keep doing it through busy seasons.

I am excited to finally share this skirt with you! I had pinned a couple ideas for scalloped hems on Pinterest and pulled out some black twill and my go-to skirt pattern and gave it a try.

 I was also asked by a friend to make an Elsa dress for her baby. She couldn't seem to find one that tiny so I said I'd give it a shot. I used this pattern on Etsy and had so much fun adding trims and configuring the cape. She sent me pictures of the baby in the dress and it looks sooooo cute.

 I also made a cute Halloween bunting for our front door. I'm classic for buying great holiday prints and then not doing anything with them, so I'm proud that I actually used them right away this time! The kids wanted some decoration out there because their neighbor friends all have things out.

 My mom visited us last week while Casey was on the mainland and we went to a pumpkin patch. Quite a different view from the pumpkin farms we are used to, ha!


 This place was absolutely gorgeous. They were out of pumpkins, though, huge bummer! But it was still fun.


 That little island is called Rabbit Island.

It is really hard to get into the Fall/Winter holiday spirit when the weather is still saying Summer! It's hard to mark time when the seasons don't change. I have all the kids' Halloween costumes finished, but will have to go the cowgirl route myself, since I ran out of time to make the costume I was planning. Oh, well! I did start on some cute linen shorts yesterday so hopefully I'll be able to share those here soon :)

5 comments:

  1. I am glad you are still blogging! And I love the scalloped hem on the skirt!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please continue to blog. No one else has your optimism or smile and I need to know you are still blogging so I can easily find both. Miss you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm extremely pleased you're sticking around! Your sewing keeps me inspired, and running to my machine. :o)

    JJ
    www.dressupnotdown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy too that you decided to keep blogging! Your posts are always so cheerful :) Sure sounds like you've been busy with your sewing alone, I can't even imagine how much work it would be sewing halloween costumes for all the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad that you decided to continue to blog, no matter how infrequent it may be. I enjoy and can relate to your practical clothing for practical living. Thanks for taking the time to share your creations with us.

    ReplyDelete